WiPP is a student organization that aims to:
- Provide a forum for issues related to gender, women, and families in public policy
- Support the professional development of female students in public policy
- Connect current students with alumni and professionals
- Promote diversity among the students, faculty, and staff at the Goldman School of Public Policy
Every year we decide which activities to conduct. Examples of past activities include:
- Bringing local policymakers to speak on campus
- Negotiations seminar
- Attending events like Vital Voices Women's Day Mentorship Walk and Ignite Political Training Seminar at Mills College
- Hosting Public Health Policy forum with Emerge California
- Raising money for a local women's shelter
In April 2010, WiPP released its first research report, "Women in Public Policy: A Framework for Greater Faculty Diversity."
This report explores the gender breakdown of faculty at the top public policy schools and recommends steps that GSPP can take to recruit and retain more women faculty.
For more information about WiPP, email email@example.com.