The Migration and Refugee Policy group at the Goldman School of Public Policy is a student community dedicated to examining contemporary migration issues through the lens of public policy.
MRPG was created as a platform for GSPP and UC Berkeley graduate students at large to connect and explore migration policy. We offer opportunities for students to:
- Network and connect with other students interested in the topic.
- Discuss current events and anchor them in our experience as policy professionals.
- Offer support for students seeking to work in the migration field.
- Share relevant professional and volunteer opportunities.
The group also serves as a liaison toward campus-wide events, benefitting from its context in GSPP and the broader academic community at UC Berkeley.
MRPG Group activities:
- Provide a forum (such as a google group) where we share upcoming opportunities, events, etc. via email updates.
- Host monthly/bi-monthly discussions on a relevant topic, facilitated by a student or professor.
- Maintain a database (such as an ongoing google spreadsheet) with information on suggested elective courses, fellowships, contacts, etc.
- Connect students with opportunities to directly engage in relevant activities within the surrounding Bay Area community.
Go to this link to see our ongoing database of Cal Migration/Refugee opportunities.