The 2017-2018 Program Bulletin is now available online! The Bulletin is an amazing resource for information about the Goldman School's programs, faculty, application requirements and instructions, financial aid, career services, and student organizations. Please take some time to review the latest addition!
Need help with your application? SCiPP peer advisors can provide feedback on final drafts of your Policy Statement of Purpose, give advice about the application process, and answer general questions about GSPP.
For more information about SCiPP admissions peer advising, please click here.
The Goldman School of Public Policy is gearing up for our first Admissions Information Session, to be held right here at GSPP! If you are interested in learning more about our MPP and MPA programs, this is a great opportunity to speak with Admissions staff, students, and alumni to learn about admissions requirements, the MPP and MPA curriculum, and life at GSPP and beyond.
Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Time: 5:30 - 8:00pm
Location: Goldman School of Public Policy
2607 Hearst Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94720
The application for the Goldman School of Public Policy is open as of today, Tuesday, September 5, 2017! You will be able to access the application online through the Graduate Division.
The application and supplemental materials deadline is Friday, December 1, 2017 at 8:59PM PST. This deadline also applies to MPP/concurrent programs.
Special Note: GRE scores can take as long as 2.5 weeks to arrive. Please take the GRE by November 6, 2017 to allow time for your scores to arrive by the December 1st deadline.
Please review our 2017-2018 Program Bulletin for more information about admissions requirements.
We look forward to receiving your application!
The application for the Goldman School of Public Policy will open on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 and GSPP is gearing up for the Fall 2018 application season!
Below you will find important information regarding deadlines and recruitment events. We look forward to meeting you in a city near you, where you will have the opportunity to speak with GSPP Admissions representatives, alumni, and students to learn about admissions requirements, the MPP curriculum, and life at GSPP.
Application Opens – Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Berkeley – MPP/MPA Admissions Information Session - Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Washington, DC Idealist Grad Fair - Monday, October 2, 2017
San Francisco Idealist Grad Fair - Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Los Angeles Idealist Grad Fair - Thursday, October 12, 2017
Berkeley – MPP Admissions Information Session - Wednesday, November 1, 2017
*Recommended “take by” date for the GRE to ensure scores arrive by the application deadline - Monday, November 6, 2017.
MPP Application Deadline & supplemental material deadline (letters of recommendation, all test scores) - Friday, December 1, 2017 at 8:59 PM PST
Note: This is also the deadline for concurrent degree program applications.
Keep checking our Admissions Events page for more opportunities to learn about the Goldman School!
Questions? Please send your inquiries to our new address: email@example.com
- Berkeley MPP Admissions
GENERAL OUTLINE OF EVENTS AND DEADLINES
- Wednesday, March 2, 2017 - As you plan for scholarships, grants, and financial aid be sure to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The UC Berkeley FAFSA school code is 001312.
- Early March - Admissions decisions and departmental fellowship award offers will be sent via email
- Sunday, March 19, 2017 - Graduate Student Diversity Day (hosted by the Graduate Diversity Program)
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 - New Admit Reception - Washington, D.C.
- Monday, April 3, 2017 - New Admit Day - Berkeley
- Late April or May - the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office will notify you about your aid package. The FASO will include information about the acceptance and disbursement of awards, how to make changes or appeals, and other options. In some cases, you may be asked to submit additional documents to verify information.
Consult the Graduate Award Guide on Berkeley's Financial Aid website for more information.
Greetings Prospective Applicants!
As we’re now two weeks past the submission deadline, GSPP is preparing to quiet down for the holidays. To that end, the Student Services and Admissions teams requests that current and prospective applicants please hold off on visit requests through the holiday season. Due to holiday schedules and campus-wide shutdowns for facilities and maintenance, availability for meetings and phone calls with staff, students, and faculty will be significantly limited until the new semester resumes.
Thank you for your consideration, and happy holidays to all!
Greetings! This is a friendly reminder that the MPP application deadline is December 1, 2016. If you have not already submitted your application, we recommend carefully reviewing the following information.
- The MPP application deadline is Thursday, December 1, 2016, 11:59PM PST.
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit your application. Outside of office hours, GSPP and the Graduate Division are unable to help with technical issues or application questions.
- Concurrent degree applicants: Note that some program applications have different application deadlines.
In-Progress Applications: Please make sure you submit your application. Paying the application fee does not automatically submit your application. It is possible to pay the application fee without submitting your application.
- Application Fee waiver information can be found on UC Berkeley's Graduate Division website.
- Letters of Recommendation: It is your responsibility to ensure your recommenders submit their letters by the deadline. If you believe the deadline will be an issue for any recommender, secure another recommender. While three letters are required, up to four can be submitted. It will not count against your application if a fourth recommender is listed but no letter is received, as long as you have, at minimum, three letters of recommendation on file.
- All applications are evaluated for Departmental Fellowship eligibility. No additional paperwork outside of the application is required.
- Required Policy Statement of Purpose: The section in the application titled Statement of Purpose is a standard field on all UCB graduate applications that we're unable to edit, so we include the Policy Statement of Purpose field to include GSPP specific instructions. For GSPP, we ask that you upload the same essay for the Statement of Purpose and Policy Statement of Purpose fields. The length of this essay should be approximately 3-5 pages.
- Admissions decisions are sent out via e-mail in March.
Be sure to visit the Admissions FAQ's page and Admissions Blog for more tips, program information, and a peek into student life.
Urgent Questions? Contact Lezley Hightower, Student Services Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submission deadline for GSPP's MPP application and supplemental materials is Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 11:59PM PST. Note: Please be aware that some concurrent degree application deadlines are different from the single-degree MPP application deadline.
In the past summer, over ninety Goldman School students interned in government, nonprofit and private agencies throughout the US and the world.
Max Aaronson spent his summer completing a USAID Global Development Fellowship in South Africa. Read more about Max’s summer internship in our news center.