Facebook Pixel

International, Current and Reapplying Students

Master of Public Policy (MPP)

International Applicants


Graduate Division
Berkeley International Office
International House

Current UCB Graduate Students

If you are a current UC Berkeley graduate student, you must fulfill the same requirements as any new applicant. Please note the following:

  • Be sure to complete the “Previous UC Berkeley Affiliation” section of the online graduate application via the “Educational Background” link in the left navigation menu.
  • It is acceptable to have your current department forward up to two letters of recommendation from your previous application. The third letter should be new.
  • You will be notified if we need official GRE Scores. Chances are we can access the scores from your previous application.
  • You must be a U.S. citizen or current permanent resident to be eligible for the graduate admissions application fee waiver (AB540 students may now apply for a fee waiver, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office for instructions).

Students Reapplying to the Program

Those reapplying to GSPP must complete a new online application. Old test scores can be connected with your application if you provide the test registration scores on your application and they still fall within the acceptable date range. If you applied to the university within the last two years, you may use previous letters of recommendation on your current application. Please contact mppadm@berkeley.edu if you would like to use previous letters of recommendation. When reapplying, please be advised of the below requirements:

Online Graduate Application for Admission and Fellowships

  • $105 application fee ($125 international applicants) (submitted with online application)
  • In your policy statement of purpose, please include a brief description of how you spent your time since you last applied. (submitted with online application)
  • Please upload unofficial transcripts for any new course work completed since you last applied. (submitted with online application)
  • You may submit replacement of items such as new letters of recommendation or new GRE scores. Otherwise, you may request that GSPP use items provided with your original application (please contact mppadm@berkeley.edu)