At the Fall 1999 Alumni Dinner, GSPP announced the formation of the Goldman School of Public Policy Alumni Association (GSPPAA) and its initial Board of Directors. All GSPP alumni, former students, administrative staff, and past and present faculty are automatically members of the GSPPAA.
The purpose of the GSPPAA is sixfold:
- To stimulate membership and continued interest in GSPP;
- To encourage the continued flow of outstanding student candidates to GSPP;
- Assist GSPP in keeping its curriculum and educational programs relevant to the needs of public policy practitioners;
- Serve as support network for the GSPP students and graduates in the advancement of their careers;
- Promote the visibility of the school and help meet the school’s financial needs;
- Promote the improvement of public policy decision-making in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
The GSPPAA has continued to maintain an active and energized alumni association that represents the membership and helps the School with many of its initiatives, and looks forward to doing this for many years to come.
The GSPP Alumni Association Board of Directors has established regional coordinators, GSPP alums who have volunteered to plan events and make connections with fellow alumni in their specific geographic location. Events vary and range from happy hours, panels, picnics, networking events, etc. We encourage all alumni to connect with other GSPP alums in their region!
- If you would like to get involved with events in your region, please contact your regional coordinator (the list of regional coordinators can be found on right column of this page).
- If you are interested in becoming a regional coordinator for your specific geographic area, please email Alumni Board members Jay Liao MPP '11 and Evan White MPP/JD '12 at firstname.lastname@example.org.