Resources for Survivors of Domestic Violence
In addition to the online resources listed below, local shelters and legal services in your area can often help you with domestic violence support and/or legal questions:
- Americans Overseas Domestic Violence Crisis Center (Formerly American Women's Domestic Violence Crisis Line): Toll free: 1-866-US-WOMEN. This is an advocacy organization devoted to helping US women overseas who are victim/survivors of domestic violence.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224. This is the federally supported national hotline that can link you to local safety and advocacy resources in the US
- Legal Momentum Immigrant Women Program: This project focuses on helping immigrant battered women in the US
- National Electronic Resource Center on Violence Against Women: This is an online resource center with many links to both materials and organizations.
- Minnesota Center Against Violence & Abuse's Electronic Clearinghouse: This is a comprehensive website with publications and links to organizations worldwide working on preventing violence.
If you are seeking legal representation, you may also contact the Americans Overseas Domestic Violence Crisis Center through their website or toll-free at 1-866-US-WOMEN (1-866-879-6636).
The US Department of State also provides resources for parents seeking representation in the United States and elsewhere. Whenever you are selecting legal representation you should always conduct an independent assessment of the attorney.