Legal and Social Science Publications on the Hague Convention
Legal practitioners, judges and advocates may want to gain a better understanding of the background of the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, current practice in the United States and around the world, powers of the Central Authority, exceptions to removal under the Hague Convention, as well as analysis of domestic violence and its impact on victims, children and other family members. We hope to add several new data-based reports on domestic violence and international child abduction cases in the very near future.
Articles on the Hague Convention and International Child Abduction
- Holz, R. (2003). International Parental Child Abduction Part II: The Respondent's Case. The Florida Bar Journal, 77(7), 62.
- Kaye, M. (1999). The Hague convention and the flight from domestic violence: how women and children are being returned by coach and four (abstract). International Journal of Law, Policy and the Family, 13(2), 191-212.
- Shetty, S. & Edleson, J.L. (2005). Adult domestic violence in cases of international parental child abduction. Violence Against Women, 11, 115-138.
- Weiner, M.H. (2000). International child abduction and the escape from domestic violence. Fordham Law Review, 69, 593
- Weiner, M.H. (2004). Strengthening Article 20. University of San Francisco Law Review, 38, 701-746.
- Weiner, M.H. (2008). Half-truths, mistakes, and embarrassments: The United States goes to the Fifth Meeting of the Special Commission to Review the Operation of the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. Utah Law Review 221-313.
- Weiner, M.H. (2008). Intolerable situations and counsel for children: Following Switzerland's example in Hague abduction cases. American University Law Review, 58 335-403.
For a more comprehensive list of publications on the Hague Convention, view our general resources.
Contact The Hague Domestic Violence Project
If you are unable to locate the information you require on our Web site, please contact us.