ILSP is a partially tailored program similar to EPPI (Executive Public Policy for Internationals). The only difference is that ILSP is offered to non-government individuals while EPPI is only for government officers.
ILSP offers training opportunities beyond institutional partners to individual practitioners who possess the public sector experience and the wish to benefit from Goldman School knowledge. In the past, ILSP has hosted a Director of an Auditor General's Office, Chief Editor of a South-east Asian newspaper, an investment banker, to name a few. ILSP attracts practitioners who have a wealth of experience. Their interaction with GSPP students and faculty is mutually beneficial.
The structure of the ILSP is flexible and customized to meet the individual needs of the participants. General ILSP components are listed below:
- Visiting Scholar Status for one semester, which provides J1 visa processing, access to all the UC Berkeley Libraries, and a berkeley.edu email address. The Visiting Scholar appointment can be extended on a case by case basis;
- Visiting Scholars may audit courses for a maximum of 12 units at GSPP. Any courses you might wish to take outside of GSPP will be in consultation with Global and Executive Programs staff and part of a personalized plan;
- Participation in activities hosted by Global and Executive Programs;
- Membership in the cohort of International Scholars from participating International Governments; and
- Assistance from Global and Executive staff to connect you with other researchers and local Government offices.
To apply, please complete the form below: