UC Berkeley California Memorial Stadium (Field Club & University Club)
The BERC Energy Summit, in its 11th year, is the premier and largest student-run energy conference on the West Coast. The event draws around 600 students, researchers, clean technology entrepreneurs, policy makers, and industry leaders to discuss the world's most pressing energy challenges each year. It features panels on a variety of topics, the Berkeley Innovation Expo, and the announcement of the winner of the Department of Energy’s $50,000 Cleantech University Prize (in partnership with UC Berkeley).
Past speakers have included CEC Commissioner David Hochschild, Nancy Pfund of DBL Partners and Susan Kennedy of Advanced Microgrid Solutions. This year’s event comes at a critical moment, just one month after the new U.S. president will be inaugurated, and content will explore how the energy industry will develop going forward. Panels will focus on the following:
- The future of US energy policy under the Trump Administration and beyond
- Automated driving's impact on public and private transportation
- Changing tides in corporate renewable power procurement
- Equity and the promise of the "green jobs" economy
- Debate: How much of an impact can energy efficiency have on cutting greenhouse gas emissions?
This event is open to the public.