Greetings Prospective Applicants!
As we’re now two weeks past the submission deadline, GSPP is preparing to quiet down for the holidays. To that end, the Student Services and Admissions teams requests that current and prospective applicants please hold off on visit requests through the holiday season. Due to holiday schedules and campus-wide shutdowns for facilities and maintenance, availability for meetings and phone calls with staff, students, and faculty will be significantly limited until the new semester resumes.
Thank you for your consideration, and happy holidays to all!
Greetings! This is a friendly reminder that the MPP application deadline is December 1, 2016. If you have not already submitted your application, we recommend carefully reviewing the following information.
- The MPP application deadline is Thursday, December 1, 2016, 11:59PM PST.
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit your application. Outside of office hours, GSPP and the Graduate Division are unable to help with technical issues or application questions.
- Concurrent degree applicants: Note that some program applications have different application deadlines.
- In-Progress Applications: Please make sure you submit your application. Paying the application fee does not automatically submit your application. It is possible to pay the application fee without submitting your application.
- Application Fee waiver information can be found on UC Berkeley's Graduate Division website.
- Letters of Recommendation: It is your responsibility to ensure your recommenders submit their letters by the deadline. If you believe the deadline will be an issue for any recommender, secure another recommender. While three letters are required, up to four can be submitted. It will not count against your application if a fourth recommender is listed but no letter is received, as long as you have, at minimum, three letters of recommendation on file.
- All applications are evaluated for Departmental Fellowship eligibility. No additional paperwork outside of the application is required.
- Required Policy Statement of Purpose: The section in the application titled Statement of Purpose is a standard field on all UCB graduate applications that we're unable to edit, so we include the Policy Statement of Purpose field to include GSPP specific instructions. For GSPP, we ask that you upload the same essay for the Statement of Purpose and Policy Statement of Purpose fields. The length of this essay should be approximately 3-5 pages.
- Admissions decisions are sent out via e-mail in March.
Be sure to visit the Admissions FAQ's page and Admissions Blog for more tips, program information, and a peek into student life.
Urgent Questions? Contact Lezley Hightower, Student Services Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submission deadline for GSPP's MPP application and supplemental materials is Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 11:59PM PST. Note: Please be aware that some concurrent degree application deadlines are different from the single-degree MPP application deadline.
In the past summer, over ninety Goldman School students interned in government, nonprofit and private agencies throughout the US and the world.
Max Aaronson spent his summer completing a USAID Global Development Fellowship in South Africa. Click here to read more about Max’s summer internship.
The Goldman School of Public Policy is gearing up for our final MPP Admissions Information Session, to be held right here at GSPP! This is a great opportunity to speak with GSPP Admissions staff, students, and alumni to learn about admissions requirements, the MPP curriculum, and life at GSPP and beyond.
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Time: 5:30 - 8:00pm
Location: Goldman School of Public Policy, Room 105
2607 Hearst Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94720