• In the "Certification of Financial Support" section of the application, international students are directed to upload any certification of financial support. What does this mean?
In the past, international students inquired about where they should upload bank statements as proof of financial support for school. Uploading documents is optional.
• How long does Berkeley store GRE scores?
• I'm an international student. How can I secure an application fee waiver?
Fee waivers are only for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Unfortunately there are no fee waiver options for international applicants.
• Is there a page limit on the Resume/CV?
We do not have a page limit, but most tend to be between two to five pages in length. We advise students to be detailed and expansive.
• Does GSPP have a GRE department code?
No. As long as you listed the correct institution code for Berkeley (4833), the Goldman School will be able to retrieve your scores.
• Can I submit my application before letters of recommendation are complete?
Yes. Letters may arrive up to 14 days after the application deadline.
• How do I delete a recommender from my application?
Once you send the invitation link to a recommender in the application, neither you nor the Admissions Office will be able to delete the recommender.
• Are we required to write two or three statements?
Two: The Policy Statement of Purpose and the Personal History Statement. The section in the application titled Statement of Purpose is a standard field on all UCB graduate applications that we're unable to edit, so we include the Policy Statement of Purpose field to include GSPP specific instructions. For GSPP, we ask that you upload the same essay for the Statement of Purpose and Policy Statement of Purpose fields.
• Is there a page length requirement for the Personal History Statement?
There is no page length requirement for the Personal History Statement. However, this essay is generally 1-2 pages, double-spaced.
• Is there a Master in Public Policy/Master of City Planning concurrent degree program?
GSPP does not have an approved concurrent degree program with the City Planning department. If you want to obtain the MPP, you could apply and if you are admitted, then you could complete the second degree, however, you would not save any time. You could alternate years between courses for the MPP and courses for the MCP.
• I'm taking the GRE after November 20th. Will GSPP receive my scores?
In order for your scores to arrive by the application deadline, the Goldman School recommends that you take the GRE no later than November 20, however you may take the exam as late as the first week of December 2013. If the exam is taken after this date, we can not guarantee that your application will be considered for admission. The specific deadline for the Fall 2014 admissions cycle is December 5, 2013. Other pieces of your application (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendation - including electronic letters of recommendation, GRE scores etc) may arrive up to 14 days after the application deadline.
Please be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive information on GSPP Admissions.
For those that missed the October 28th Admissions Info Session, please be sure to check out Dean Henry Brady speak about the Master in Public Policy Program and what makes GSPP one of the nation’s premier graduate institutions for education and research on the most pressing contemporary policy problems in American society and throughout the world.